Thursday, February 28, 2013

Downton Abbey Inspired

Those of you who follow me on Twitter know that I was less than thrilled with the most recent season of Downton Abbey. It doesn't speak well for the show that I didn't even care much when Matthew died! To be fair, maybe it wasn't a good idea to watch it right at the time that I've been obsessively watching episodes of the dark and troubling Breaking Bad. In contrast, Downtown seems a little ridiculous.

One thing I can't fault, though, is the relentlessly gorgeous clothing and jewelry that the women of Downtown are constantly parading around in. In this, the series definitely wins hand down over Breaking Bad and the "What Not to Wear" type outfits worn by Skyler and, especially, Maire. This season, it also seemed easier to get a good look at the Downton women's jewelry (although that might be because my husband finally figured out how to get the HD on our TV to work).

In any case, I found myself inspired, and the result is this modern version of a Downton-esque necklace. I can see Mary in it, can't you? Although donning a $65 necklace might be enough of a shock to her system to land her in the cemetery right beside to her recently departed husband. But, since I seem to be in a snide mood anyway, I'll risk saying that this might be for the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment