Monday, April 1, 2013

What I Wore This Weekend

I've been wanting to start doing outfit posts for a while now, but self-consciousness held me back. But some bloggers I've recently started following, like Maria from Very Busy Mama, Emily Kate from Capital Style, Alison from Wardrobe Oxygen, and Gabi from Gabifresh have made me realize that you don't have to be perfect looking to enjoy sharing your style with others. In fact, I especially admire bloggers who make the effort to put together an outfit and post photos of themselves when they feel that they are NOT looking their best. I probably would have deleted the photos and stayed home in my pjs. Also, I'm 51, and I haven't come across any other bloggers around my age whose style I can relate to. (If you know of any I might like, please tell me!) So maybe some "mature" ladies like me will find the posts inspiring.

So, here goes! Bear with me as my photographer (my 11-year-old son Miles) and I learn to take better pictures.

Friday evening

I went out for a girls' night with some friends and wanted to look casual (as I do 98% of the time) but put together. Blouse: Forever 21. Blazer: from Marshall's in Brookline, MA. Jeans: Gap. Sunglasses: Ray-Ban. Ring: by Danielle Welmond. Bracelet: by me. Necklace: by me. (You can't see my shoes, but in case you want to know, they're Tory Burch black Reva flats from a couple of years ago.)





Saturday

I had a bunch of errands to do and opted for super-casual and colorful to take advantage of the beautiful spring day. Vest: Old Navy. Cardigan: J Crew Factory Store. Tee shirt: Old Navy. Jeans: Old Navy. Belt: from Les Amis in Seattle. Shoes: Old Navy. Watch: TKO from Shoe Hive in Alexandria. Ring: by Danielle Welmond. Bracelets: by me. Necklace: by me.




Sunday afternoon/evening

I went to an Easter barbecue with my husband and son. Although I've been trying to wear more color this season, it was a gray day, and I opted for neutrals this time. I did wear my red lipstick, though! Top: Target. Blazer: Zara. Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft. Shoes: J Crew Factory Store. Lipstick: Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick—Really Red. Necklace: by me. Ring: by Midwest Alchemy on Etsy. Handbag: by Beesnetta on Etsy.









12 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!! Congratulations on your first outfit post! You look fantastic and, of course, the jewelry is amazing. I think Friday night's outfit is my favorite, but I love also love Saturday's shoes.

    Emily Kate - Capital Style
    www.emilykatehargrove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I appreciate the encouragement.

      Delete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE this! You haven't changed from our Reno days... an inspiration to me and all. And, this is why I sent you that message this weekend - you are my coolest stylish friend! Want that necklace in the first pic because it matches my very cool Ruth Barzel earrings... but then again, it might be too matchy. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! I think it might be too matchy, but you could wear it with other things.

      Delete
  3. Oh you look fabulous, and no surprise your jewelry is gorgeous and perfect with each outfit! Welcome to the #OOTD world, great introductory outfit post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look so great! i love the pink flats !

    x
    gabifresh

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING pictures (go Miles!) and even hotter looks! You look great - please keep posting each week! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! Miles loved taking the pictures. I'll definitely keep posting.

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh! Love this! You make the bag look amazing! I might have to snag one of these for my blog.... Also, your jewelry is looking stellar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you like it! You're welcome to use the photo for your blog.

    ReplyDelete