Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My Best Model, Hands Down


















I visited my parents at their home in Bellevue, Washington, recently, and while there I took some pictures of my mother in her studio, wearing my jewelry. At 81, she is still a working artist. The photos show some of her works in progress. Her website is under construction, but in the meantime you can read about her and see a few of her finished pieces on her gallery's website here.

I would have liked to write something heartfelt about my mom in this post, but I can't seem to come up with anything that doesn't sounds like a Hallmark card (and she would hate that!). So I'll keep it simple and just say that I couldn't wish for a more beautiful mama.

In these pictures, my mom is wearing my triple strand pearl necklace, my cherry quartz nugget necklace, and my long gray coin pearl necklace (worn long and doubled).  Her earrings are her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment